Return to Top
Return to Top
- Bar Membership: Virginia, 1993-; Maryland 1999-2003.
- Managing Attorney, Neifeld IP Law, PC. Arlington, VA, 2004 -. U.S. Patent and Intellectual Property Firm.
- Associate, Chasen and Boscolo, Chartered. Falls Church, VA, 2003 - 2004. Workers Compensation Law. 150 Case Caseload.
- Sole practitioner, Law Offices of Daniel Sachs. Alexandria, Va. 1998 - 2003. General practice with emphasis in Workers Compensation, Labor and Employment Law.
- General Counsel, United Mine Workers of America, District 28, Castlewood, Va. 1994 - 1998. Provided legal services for the members of local unions in Southwest Virginia, Eastern Kentucky and Northeast Tennessee. Represented union members primarily in workers' compensation cases, federal black lung benefits, but handle a variety of cases in Virginia district, circuit and appellate courts. Represented local unions in labor disputes in the Federal court. Managed the legal department. Purchased law library.
- Counsel of Record, Sachs v. Horan, 252 Va. 247, 475 S.E.2d 276 (1996). Issue: Whether man in Washington County, Va. may maintain voter registration in Fairfax County, Va..
- Counsel of Record, Westmoreland Coal Company, et. al. v. Russell, 31 Va. App. 16, 520 S.E.2d 839, (1999). Issue: Whether the commission erred in ruling that the employer failed to meet its burden of proving that the claimant experienced a change in condition that rendered his continuing disability causally unrelated to his injury by accident.
- Counsel of Record, Mullins v. Dickenson County Medical Center, et. al., 74 OWC 176, VWC File No. 174-42-71 (Virginia Workers Compensation Commission 1995)
- Counsel of Record, Coleman v. Harman Mining Corp. & Director, Office of Workers’ Compensation Programs, 21 BLR 3-1 (1996).
- Attorney, Law Offices of Arthur F. Konopka, Washington, D.C., 1993 - 1994. Conducted real estate closings. Prepared deeds, deeds of trusts and other legal documents. Examined title documents.
- Law Clerk, George J. Shapiro, P.C., Alexandria, Va., 1992 - 1993.
Return to Top
- Part Owner, A.S.D. Computer Consultants, Springfield, Va., 1990 - present. A service company for helping individuals buy, set up, and utilize personal computer systems.
- System Manager, Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington©, Washington, D.C., 1989 - 1991. Maintained integrity of Planned Parenthood's computer systems.
- Direct Mail Assistant, Planned Parenthood of Metropolitan Washington©, Washington, D.C., 1988 - 1989.
- Intern, Democratic National Committee, Washington, D.C., summer 1987.
- Intern, Common Cause, Washington, D.C., summer 1986.
Return to Top
Return to Top
- Editor, D.C.'s Political Report: Your Complete Source for Campaign Summaries, 1997 - present. On line web site which tracks all statewide and federal elections in the United States. The web site is currently receiving over 3,000,000 hits per month.
- Host, Spotlight on Springfield, A local cable access television show focusing on the Springfield, Virginia community, 1999 - 2000.
- Guest Host, Campaign 2001, A local cable access television show on 2001 Virginia elections.
- Religious Educator, 1994 - present;
- City of Alexandria Democratic Committee, 2003-2004
- Commission on the Future of Southwest Virginia: Community Services Subcommittee, 1996 - 1997
- Editor-in-Chief, The Docket, George Mason University School of Law's student newspaper, 1992 - 1993
- Quid Pro Quo Award, 1993. George Mason University Student Service award to Law School organizations.
- George Mason University School of Law Jewish Law Student Association, 1990 - 1993
- Co-President, 1992 - 1993
- Parliamentarian, George Mason University School of Law Student Bar Association, 1991 - 1992
- George Mason University School of Law Women's Law Association, 1990 - 1993
- The Advocates, George Mason University School of Law Toastmaster Club, 1991 - 1993
- Tallwoods Homeowners Association, 1991 - 2000
- Vice President, 1992 - 1994
- Representative to the Springfield District Homeowners Councils, 1991 - 1994
- Fairfax County Democratic Committee, 1988 - 1994, 1999 - 2000
- Secretary, Springfield District Democratic Committee, 1992 - 1994
- Secretary, Lee District Democratic Committee, 1988 - 1991
- Chair, Youth Affairs Committee, 1992 - 1993
- Boy Scouts of America, 1987 - 1991
- Fairfax Young Democrats, 1988 - 1994
- President, 1988 - 1989, 1990 - 1991
- Vice President, 1989 - 1990
- Chair of the Re-organization Committee, 1988
- Best Region Award, Virginia Young Democrats, 1989
- Virginia Young Democrats, 1984 - 1991
- Chair of the City/County Caucus, 1990 - 1991
- Secretary, 1989 - 1990
- Press Secretary, 1988 - 1989
- Secretary of the 1987 Virginia Young Democrats Convention
- Spokesperson for Youth for Yes, 1987: a state wide organization of college students in favor of the Virginian Lottery
- City of Williamsburg Democratic Committee, 1987
- William and Mary Young Democrats, 1984 - 1987
- William and Mary Hillel, 1984 - 1987
Quarter finalist, National Invitational Moot Court Competition
at Duke University School of Law, 1992
American Jurisprudence Award for performance in Business
Associations class, 1991
Best Young Democrat in Virginia Award, 1990
Outstanding College Students in America, 1987
Best Speaker Award, Fairfax Invitational Model United Nations Conference, Fairfax, Va. 1984
Math Department Award, Robert E. Lee High School, 1984